Today Jamaica celebrates its 50th birthday, independence from the United Kingdom! I’m sure the Jamaicans will celebrate, and not only today.
View Larger Map
A few facts about Jamaica:
- Commonwealth of Jamaica
- Anthem: “Jamaica, Land We Love”, Royal anthem: “God Save the Queen”
- Capital (and largest city): Kingston (17°59′N 76°48′W)
- Official language(s): English
- Area – total: 10,991 km2
- Currency: Jamaican dollar (JMD)
- Time zone: UTC-5
- Drives on the left.
- National symbols (From the Jamaica Information Service)
Having visited Jamaica myself I can really say it’s worth a trip.
Being in Jamaica for a few days will give you peace and pleasantness and not the day-to-day rush and stress. Enjoy yourself in Jamaica.
Yeah, man! No Problem!